COVID-19 Services for the WorkplacePromptMD is here for you, your employees, and your customers.
Operating a Safe Workplace
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted society in countless ways. We are beginning to reinvent how we interact with our co-workers and customers. As an employer, you have new responsibilities. You need to adjust the setup of the workplace, and create new systems to help keep your employees and customers healthy. As you navigate our new reality, PromptMD is here to help.
As an essential business, we have stayed open throughout the COVID-19 outbreak. Through this experience, we have refined our protocols for keeping our employees and patients safe.
Now, we are ready to work with our occupational medicine clients to make sure you are prepared to operate in our current public health climate.
We can help with screening and testing services, as well as with preventive measures to keep your workforce and customers safe and healthy.
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- New loss of taste or smell
Testing and screening services include:
- Develop a system for checking temperatures of employees immediately prior to their shift beginning
- A process for testing employees who screen positive
- Appropriate actions to take for employees who screen or test positive to keep them safe — while also getting them back to work as soon as possible
- A process for clearing workers to return to work
When medical care is needed, anyone with respiratory or flu-like symptoms, or anyone who has been exposed to a known or suspected case of COVID-19, can begin with a video visit or an urgent care visit with one of our providers. When testing is warranted, the provider will work with the patient to make proper arrangements.
In addition, many other occupational medicine services can now begin or be completely conducted via video visits.
Preventive services include:
- Determining the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) needed for your personnel based on your industry and specific job functions being performed
- Assessing and confirming that you have proper protocols in place for:
- Social distancing
- Hand washing or sanitizing
- Use of masks
COVID-19 Frequently Asked Questions
How can I prepare my workplace to operate safely?
The CDC has published and is regularly updating a detailed page with guidance for businesses and employers, to help plan and respond to COVID-19. This guide will help you prevent workplace exposure to the disease, for all settings except healthcare. For healthcare guidance, there is an entire section of special guidance.
How do I treat an employee who has traveled internationally?
After international travel, all people should self-quarantine for 14 days. For more details, see the CDC page on Returning from International Travel.
How can we encourage proper handwashing?
The CDC provides a comprehensive set of promotional materials to help encourage proper hand washing and sanitizing. Use posters, printable fact sheets, social media content, and more to get the word out to your workforce.